Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Off to the Cowboy Museum

Tonight we are going to Fellowship of Christian Athlete's silent auction and dinner. Thanks Cory and Carol for the invite. I am praising the Lord right now because up until this morning I thought it was a fairly dressy affair. You know me, I love to dress up but Good Heavens my back is killing me today and I've been having sinus issues so getting all dolled up wasn't very appealing - blech. Now I've been told it's much more casual....Hallelujiah! No hosiery, no pinchy shoes, no hours on the hair and makeup....happiness here!


Update on the critters....looks like the caterpillars are not loving the new environment since we've lost at least one and the other isn't looking so great. We'll see if we can get Cam to let them go tonight. We may be adding a critter though. We saw an article in the Sunday Oklahoman about the Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue here in Piedmont. For $250 and having an acre of land you can adopt a donkey that has been rescued. I LOVE DONKEYS! They are so cute and so sweet...like big dogs. Anyway, we are looking into adding a couple to Camp Cardwell. Wouldn't that be great for the little guys since they are small enough that they can ride them? We have the pasture area already set up from the previous owners. Here's the webpage so you can check out about this awesome group - www.donkeyrescue.org . Our nearest one is right here in town - not far from where we are. Yep, it's official...I'm becoming a country girl. I want a horse really bad but the time isn't right yet. You'll see, in a couple years there will be horses and donkeys here!


So time to go get ready to pick up Cam, try to find where Kyle is running so I can chat with him for a sec, go home, get dishes done, get dressed into clean clothes and brush my hair, pick up Ky, pick up dinner and go to the party. Who knows...maybe there'll be someone famous there. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: