Saturday, September 13, 2008

Elizabeth Arden...Is that you?

I can honestly say that this red wasn't exactly what I was going for. Yeah, E. Arden called and wants her door back! It's a cloudy day so I planted all my fall plants and arranged them on the porch. Having finished that I thought what a great day to grab the leftover paint from the laundry and do the front door. Ok, so I should have known upon the second coat or even upon opening the silly jug of paint that the color was much, um, brighter? So now I have a red door until Monday when I can go get the correct color (much more like the shutters) and redo the door. The good news? Maybe I can get away with using the current color as the primer???
But the porch looks great and is ready for fall.


Ron put up some of the ceiling panels today and put light in my shop. Hallelujah, I can see! It's great. I managed to finish up the scripture boxes I was making for the ladies in my bible study. They turned out great - thanks Cathy K. for the idea!

And just for fun...here's Cowboy Jake in his Daddy's boots. Ride 'em Jake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that red kinda burns my eyes there madre lol my retnas are on fire how does that make yo feel... you door blinded me...hahahaha jkjk i am just trying to be overly sarcastic...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I've been told a red door is very good feng shui (or however it is spelled!)
My kitchen is newly painted an Americana red, with a nice buff color on the bottom half. I LOVE it! MusicMan said it looks like a Redskins fan lives here.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add: "Awwwwww" I have a picture just like that of a different Cowboy Jake! *So precious*