Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finally!

Well, after 2 1/2 months I finally am getting this thing up and running! Things are wonderful here...especially the weather. We had a bit of rainy weather yesterday from Tropical Storm Gustav which was odd...looked a bit like Washington! By the afternoon the rain left but it was still cold and windy. You'd never know it though since this afternoon it is 80!


Kyle has been running in cross country. He placed 13th out of 100 on Saturday with a 2 mile time of 12:00. That's off his pace but he's also been out for almost a year with stress fractures. It appears the new orthodics work well though since he hasn't complained. Tomorrow's race is in Edmond (20 min away). I'm hoping to get Cam and Jake dropped off at the church then run out to Edmond, watch the race and then rush back to pick up Jake at 12. The church takes Cam to Pre-k. Then Ky is working and racing at the Founder's Day events this Saturday.


Camdyn is growing steadily. He loves Pre-k which is every afternoon from 12-3. Monday, Wednesday and Friday he is at Mom's Day Out at First Baptist Church. They transport him to school those days and then I pick him up. There is quite a line of us at 3:00...it seems most moms here are stay-at-home and pick up their Pre-K and Kindergarten kiddos all at 3 pm...imagine 50+ cars all coming in to pick up at once and you get the picture.


Jake is just plain silly! He's experiencing the "Terrible Twos" which I didn't have with the older ones. When he's mad the whole house knows since his favorite thing to do is stand in the middle of the room and let out a high pitched scream. Whew...it could shatter glass! He also goes to Mom's Day Out on the same days as Cam but Jake goes from 9-2:30. Imagine, I get all that time to myself. Of course that is when I go grocery shopping, to the cleaners, to other appointments and get the house cleaned. I had no idea this stay-at-home business would be so busy.


Ron is still loving his job. We are waiting on word if they will be restructuring and making him the Lead of the engineering group. His boss left and he's been the acting "go to guy" since. All indicators are good. They have sent him to trainings in Fort Worth, Little Rock and St. Louis. He goes down to Dallas and up to Tulsa nearly every week it seems. Still he's finding time to get some marketing done on the golf course. Hmmm....really?


Me? I've taken on the duties of Homeroom Parent for Cam's class which just means that I coordinate the parties and help coordinate the auction basket at the Fall Carnival. It's keeping me busy since the carnival is next month and all the proceeds from the basket go to our classroom. In addition, I started up a Close to My Heart scrapbooking business. We are having an open house this Saturday. Here's the link to my website for those of you who love to scrap...you can order online and it will ship to you direct: www.jaccic.myctmh.com . Oh, and I am leading a ladies bible study at our little church (Sarah, you should be proud...I'm listening to the water!)


Camp Cardwell is keeping us busy too. We are getting ready to pour concrete in the back to enlarge the patio. Ron did measurements and I drew a scale drawing so we have a plan for the future - including a pool, hot tub, raised garden beds and a horseshoe pit...well, and a play area for the kiddos of course. We'll set up Basketball in the front too. We have loads of critters around to check out - see the slideshow. I'm learning what is good and what is bad for bugs. Still don't like em all but at least I am not afraid.


That's about it for now. Hope all of you are well. We miss you and pray for you often!

No comments: