Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Rubber Meets the Road...and the Tire Pops!

I knew the day would come but I can't believe it's already hit me this quick. The "CHALLENGE" day.  The day when the boys are deciding to be really obnoxious to each other as they sit across the table from each other, books open and pencils engaged in war.  Rage against the system boys! Rage against each other!  

Pencils poke.  Feet kick.  Scream and make faces.  Mom buries face in hands.

No, I won't give up.  I won't let us quit.  I won't let them quit.  I won't quit.  Some semblance of assignments will be done today.  

Separation.  One at the computer doing math games while the other grumbles because "That's not the way Mrs. Nichols does it."

Enter the 4 year old who is no longer content to do his puzzle with his auntie.  Demands. Playdough...appeased.

Here's the headache I've been feeling tingle at the edge of my brain.  Full force and ouch, I just want to go to bed for a while but there are these children to teach, laundry to do, jelly to be finished and my mind is elsewhere thinking of my mother and the task that she has to do today.  Her burden so much larger than mine.  

"Go easy.  Rest in Me.  There will be these days but I am working in them and in you and through you.  Rest in Me."

Break time declared. We've struggled through our math and English but they are done.  Lessons have been absorbed.  Children are separated to play for a while and I hear the buds of laughter starting to bloom as the washer chugs happily.  All will be accomplished...in time.

1 comment:

3RMama said...

you go girl!